Saturday, August 18, 2007

What do you do exactly?

A number of people (usually just my dad, actually) ask me what I do for a living. Contrary to what you may think from the title of this blog, I am not currently illustrating. Since April I've been working for a company called ProtoTerra, a former client that develops massively multi-user virtual worlds for social interaction. Currently I'm doing a lot of construction on the 3D environments using our engine, which is BSP based (think Quake). It's not cutting edge gaming graphics; our users tend not to be gamers with revved-up Alienware machines. They're just folks who want to socialize online in a virtual world.

We do a lot of work for a Canadian company called Utherverse and our product also debuted recently in Germany under the name Secret City. They've released a music video from German metal artist Oliver Hartmann that shows a bit of the world along with a catchy theme song. It's not our latest, greatest environments, but I worked on a lot of the virtual street areas they featured in the video.

Enjoy...

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home